Friday, March 13, 2009

Dad's Night/Dads Day - Jack's Preschool

Jack loves his twice weekly sessions with Mrs. Gomez and Mrs. Hills at Westminster Preschool. I'd been hearing about Sophia and Dominic for weeks, so it was nice to finally meet them at my little show & tell the other morning. The assignment was to explain what I did for work - when I was 7, I never knew how handy origami would be in my adult life - samurai helmets for all. I explained how Japanese children often give the peace sign for a photo.
Handed out Botan rice candy
Botan is a pinkish candy where you eat the rice paper wrapping - melts in your mouth. Like Cracker-Jack, always came with a tiny plastic toy at the end compartment. Like CJ, these went the way of cheaper stickers several years ago.

There was also Dad's Night at Westminster, where I met other dads and saw Jack in his munchkin environment.


These photos are from Michael's year at Westminster. Here's Snow Day, when artificial white transformed this little slope into sledding run.


Mrs Noe and Mrs Crowl - Jack's teachers next year.

No comments: