Tuesday, June 02, 2009

The Tooth Fairy

Michael really wanted his loose tooth OUT while on vacation in Hawaii - this was announced to everyone he met- including this very nice lady who worked at Tommy Bahama's, who turned out to be from Tacoma.
We never learned names, but, upon his request, she pulled out Michael's tooth!
then returned from a backroom to give a goldish coin from the "tooth fairy."

About teeth. I've always had a terrible history with cavities, whereas my brother had none. On their recent check-up, Michael had only one cavity...Jack EIGHT!
The chocolate shake at In-and-Out Burger probably didn't help, but I suspect the constant formula until 10 months old while lying in a crib (the formula swishing around his teeth all the time) didn't help either.
Factor in quality chocolate products our year in Switzerland and the poor guy didn't stand a chance. I mean, chocolate was EVERYWHERE YOU TURNED. While clearing out under Jack's bed in Lausanne, I found all these candy wrappers! Michael's easter basket remains 2/3 full even now; Jack's was depleted by the second day. Michael loves kalamata olives and blue cheese; Jack loves sweets.

Carolyn and I love everything.

1 comment:

Travis said...

Oh... Jack and I have something in common. I'm blaming Calvin though. I think pregnancy caused my eight cavities, not my sweet tooth.
Wish we could have been at the concert to hear Michael and Jack perform!
-Ariana