Friday, December 11, 2009

The Trees

A simple posting about Christmas trees. I actually found a tree farm where you saw your own. Despite all the years in the NW, this was the first time for me. Maybe it never felt necessary up there? Overkill? I dunno.
Michael LOVED sawing his own little tree.
Christmas Tree Ranch is a family run operation along a narrow strip of land. Hot cocoa, burning fire, the whole shibang. My tree vocabulary increased as a result of the Tacoma years, compared to the lower tree literacy down here. Nobles and Douglas Firs are shipped in because they can't grown them down here very well. The CA variety seemed more long needle-like, but Michael thought it perfect.
Telephone poles and palm trees viewed from the lot
Father & Son outing. Brought it home after slaying it ourselves.

1 comment:

Luma said...

I just discovered your blog again, found the web address in an old email. Now I'm trying to catch up on y'all. Oh my goodness, Michael is SOOOO big. I just feel like crying, time is just whizzing by. Now that I've found you, I'll be bookmarking this page. Give my love to Carolyn and the boys!!!!
Luma