Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Colorguard

Michael was the official colorguard for the Cub Scout "pack" meeting, calling out the ceremony's entrances, exits, salutes, & dismissal.


I never figured out what these clothespins were about, but reminded me of Switzerland, where they were often used in school; parents were to bring a supply on the first day. BTW, also reminded me that popsicle sticks - a standard part of the American school craft toolkit - seemed M.I.A. in Switzerland.
For the uninitiated, every "pack" has several "dens" (there was even a den of one!); Michael is a Tiger, but there were Bears, Wolves, etc. My mind tended to drift, making a lame association with Apple OS (panther, leopard, etc).

Certain parents were in uniform, as well, leading the evening's nonstop bestowing of pins and badges.
Michael's den was particularly effective at the animal yell:

1 comment:

Tina said...

Hi there! I just came across your blog through Ariana and Travis' blog. How are you doing? Did you know Peter and I were expecting? We are due June 21st. We sure miss you and our old church friends. Hope you are doing well! Our blog is www.themcneillys.blogspot.com Love, Tina