Saturday, April 25, 2009

Final Reunion for the School Year

Go Fish! (Swiss style):
My family's memory game:
These friends are on the way to exciting summer internships, travel, work, etc. back home & far-off. Elle is off to Boston L'Abri.
Jeff at a Target Minneapolis internship; Alex packing cherries then off to a Swiss farm; Chris to Nestles in Vevey, Switzerland; Cecily off to a NGO in Kenya.

Our postage stamp yard works in a So Cal climate; over 30 people!
Jack has coccinellidaephobia (fear of ladybugs), so he ate his watermelon indoors; doesn't have anthrophobia (fear of flowers). Those oriental lilies are AMAZING; picked them up at Shigeru Nursery's stand at the Thousand Oaks Farmer's Market - Shigeru turned out to run a nursery in Gardena (my hometown) when I was a child - now resettled in the farming community of Oxnard.
AJ, Adrianne, & Tyler
Michael slapped hands with AJ
while Carolyn reconnected with Chantel and Joanne. Roland & Israel of El Tapatio, a local taqueria, helped us out beautifully, serving up pork, beef, & chicken tacos for 50, complete with beans, rice, chips, salsas, and, importantly, those pickled veges. They actually toasted the tortillas!
We saw this done at a baby shower recently and wanted to give it a try; freed me up from cooking to do more visiting; sadly, I think I just ate a lot more than I would've normally. I found myself a bit lost, looking for a job! Reminded me of a guy I once saw meticulously arranging his purchases on the Costco conveyer belt like a jigsaw puzzle. Was he working? playing?


We plan to be around mostly for the summer for a change, - swimming and just being hot - although will head up to Whidbey Island in July. Have a wonderful summer everyone!

No comments: