Thursday, August 09, 2007

Connectivity


Got our cell phones today through ORANGE – a cheaper, trendy Swiss outfit that mimics Apple’s surface aesthetic, uniting art and technology. Our contemporary future - the no walls/no bounds utopia – is largely synonymous with technology; the private and the communal delivered and defined by 'connectivity.'
Which reminds me, I want to post a thank-you to an anonymous person in the apartment building whose wireless id goes by 'King Kong." KK has excellent connectivity and I piggyback on it when he comes home. He does not just leave it on, so my times are limited. In those cases, I aim my laptop towards a nearby Agip gas station, and I pick-up a weaker signal, and it closes by 11pm or so, but who am I to complain. Actually, I find that I can upload pics much faster through whatever means KK is using - it's similar to what I got in the office.

No comments: