Thursday, August 16, 2007

Peugeot 407

IMG_0328.JPG
After some lengthy pros and cons, I decided to lease a car. Being a professor allowed me to exceed Peugeot's normal time limit, and seems, relatively, a deal (once you consider Swiss insurance, registration fees, upfront costs of buying a decent used vehicle, etc). It's a French arrangement and Switzerland did not join the EU, so this caused some hiccups, but, in the end, I got it. The Geneva airport has a French section, which I entered, got the car, then drove out and reentered via a Swiss bordercrossing.
IMG_0067.JPG
I love this simple way of marking parking periods. You just set the dial when you arrive and leave on the dash - anyone can see whether you've exceeded the 10 hr limit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike:

Here's how to the widen the margins so your photos will fit; look here

Patrick